Tuesday, April 14, 2009

bloogers and an ipod

I am obsessed. I have redirected and misdirected my URL, I have tweaked my settings, I have examined the 27 things site (as a committee administrator) and my creatively named jami site... the settings, the layout, the monetize (pimp your blog, anyone?), have compared settings with functional co-worker blogs, and still this is the problem... my blog will not get on the blog roll.

Here is the difference between people who are on the blog roll and people who aren't:

People who are NOT have an address like this: http://jami2-0.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

People who ARE on the blogroll have an address like this one:
http://librarysarah.blogspot.com/

The solution looks pretty obvious, right? The problem? Whenever I change my site URL so it doesn't point to my feeds but rather directly to my blog, and YES, I SAVE MY SETTINGS (don't even suggest that IT, I will strangle you), blogger acts like it never happened, which is why I'm going bloogers.***

*** n.b. I'm now on the blogroll. Something must have worked... maybe Blogger needed time to absorb... there I go giving machines human characteristics again.

So, let me know if you're having blogroll problems, and I'll see if I can help. Since I've been there, you know.

So next....
Meanwhile, I played with my son's ipod this weekend... that is after the teens in the house showed me how to find the volume. Then I danced around for an hour listening to souljah-boy, being accused of being "over the influence." I forgot to "borrow" my son's digital camera so I can play with Flickr though...

8 comments:

  1. Happy it finally worked! "over" the influence? That sounds better than being under the influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami -

    If you can convince the blogroll to realize I've updated since 7 months ago, that'd be super! Because I can't figure it out!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to settings -> site feed -> post feed redirect URL, is your blog address listed there? The link to your blog from the 27 things page is correct. Why can't I follow you and Chris? Is it cuz you want to be followed through Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a problem: How can I make thiws blog make me lots and lots of money? Can you help me with that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...I can't get on the blogroll either, I am just stuck at the bottom without updates. My post feed redirect URL looks just fine so I haven't got a clue. Let me know if you have any ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it cheers me UP to hear that someone else has preposterous apparently unnecessary hassles with tech things.

    Your frustration is reassuringly recognizable. And then, poof - for some other, equally unknown and probably preposterous reason, it all works!

    Cheers all around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine still doesn't post the updates! And I've tried it all ways too--I just tried the IMPORTANT thing and it still doesn't work. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I've gotta know. "Blooger"? How do you pronounce this word? Sure hope ploeple hlep me wtih my splelnig.

    ReplyDelete