Saturday, April 11, 2009

7.5 "good" habits

Thought provoking tutorial. My easiest habits are all of them except number 1 (goals) and number 4 (confidence). Number 4 doesn't surprise me. Did you know that men tend to overestimate their intelligence and attractiveness while women tend to underestimate theirs? This does not surprise me AT ALL... considering that we have all been gender-trained so well. Number 1, however, makes me face that part of myself that has always viewed goals with a critical eye. I mean, what if I make a goal and then some really awesome opportunity comes my way, but I have to turn down because it doesn't gelate with my goal? What if I make a goal, and I am so focused on it that I miss what is happening around me right now? So, my new goal is to make a friggin' goal. And for a technological goal, I want to splurge and buy an IPod like Amy C. has and put my phone on it and audio-books and (yes) rap (C-RAP) and plug in and walk around oblivious with the rest of the flamingoes.

3 comments:

  1. So are you trying to say that I'm not as intelligent and handsome as I think I am???

    ReplyDelete
  2. your delusions have served you well. p.s. your fix didn't work. i'm still not on the blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, i rescind... i'm on the blogroll. you are as intelligent as you think you are...

    ReplyDelete